-->

Python 3.5.1.2 Sorting Simple Lists - the Bubble Sort Algorithm

The Bubble Sort Algorithm

3.5.1.2 LAB

you may wonder why I post this section here while it's not a LAB. Simply, to show you how to know the number of swaps happened to rearrange the list.

Sorting a list

How many passes do we need to sort the entire list?

The code is already written. I just added one thing, did you notice? Yes, a variable called swaps, and I assigned it to 0 value. Then, swaps variable is inserted under the for loop, if block. So; whenever the if condition is True (which means that the arranging order is not correct), we add 1 to swaps.

Solution Code:

my_list = [810624]  # list to sort
swapped = True  # It's a little fake, we need it to enter the while loop.
swaps = 0 # To count the number of loops happened to arrange the list in order
while swapped:
    swapped = False  # no swaps so far
    for i in range(len(my_list) - 1):
        if my_list[i] > my_list[i + 1]:
            swaps += 1 #Each loop add 1 to swaps variable
            swapped = True  # a swap occurred!
            my_list[i], my_list[i + 1] = my_list[i + 1], my_list[i]
    
print(f"My list: {my_list} , Number of swaps: {swaps}")

Follow the Python page on the Blog to be the first to know


Post a Comment

0 Comments